Friday, August 2, 2013

We made it!

Last night at 10:50pm, after a tearful goodbye with my family, I boarded a plane headed to Atlanta. I arrived early this morning (around 3am Pacific time) and met Claire, a YASC volunteer who will be serving in San Pedro Sula, for the next leg of our journey. We boarded the plane to San Pedro Sula and took off around 10am Eastern time. Thanks be to God my flights were smooth and uneventful, and my luggage arrived without a hitch. We made it through customs and met Bob, Rick and Lura (my supervisor during my year in Honduras). They drove us to the Diocesan office where we had the pleasure of meeting and sharing a meal with Bishop Allen and several employees of the church. Then we had a chance to call home and let our families know that we arrived safely. We also had the opportunity to tour the school and meet the principal of El Buen Pastor, the school where Claire will be working. After stopping by Claire's future apartment and meeting her roommate, we headed back to Rick and Lura's place where we will be staying for the weekend. Now, I am sitting in their air conditioned living room drinking ice cold Dr. Pepper and feeling quite content.

We will be heading to Copan on Sunday where we will be attending language school for the next week. The plan is to return to San Pedro Sula sometime over the weekend and travel to my new home in Tela on Tuesday-ish.

Thank you all for your prayers. I am feeling so blessed to be here, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the next couple weeks have in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment