Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Feeling the Love

I had a blast performing with and listening to some great musicians at the benefit concert on Saturday. I was able to talk a little more about what my trip is all about and share some brand new information about my placement (more to come on that). We also raised almost $5000 in donations and pledges! Thank you so much!!! I am completely blown away by the overwhelming support from my family and friends, and not only financial support. So many people volunteered their time and talent to make Saturday's event a success. It wouldn't have been possible without each person's contribution. I just wanted to say thank you to Mollie and Diana for flyer design; Billy for sound; Dad, Karla, Liz, Devin and Joy (and everyone else!) for help with set-up and clean-up; all the musicians - Jon, Kelsey, Fr. Doran, Nick, Michael, Krissi, and Kerry - for your wonderful music; and my amazing mom who put in so much time planning and organizing, baking delicious cookies, and helping to get my fundraising table ready. I am so grateful for all of you!


1 comment: