Thursday, June 6, 2013

Exciting News!

It's been a few weeks since my last post and I have some really exciting updates to share!

First, I reached my fundraising goal of $10,000! I am amazed by the amount of support I've received, and I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends, family, and church family. Thank you, thank you, thank you! If you would still like to support the Young Adult Service Corps financially, you are more than welcome to make a donation. Any money that I raise over the $10,000 goal will go towards helping other young adult volunteers reach their goals. I added links to their blogs if you would like to learn more about any of the other YASC missionaries.

Second, I learned more information about my placement! I will be working at the Holy Spirit Episcopal Bilingual School in Tela, which is on the Caribbean coast of Honduras. Below are some pictures of the town, school, and church. It looks beautiful!

Third, I got my tentative departure date - August 1st. I will be completing an intensive language study in Copán before heading over to Tela for the rest of the year. It looks like this is really going to happen!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment