Sunday, April 28, 2013

And so it begins!

I think it's starting to hit me - this is actually happening! Not so long ago, this was all just a vague idea. Now there are names and places and plans, and I'm realizing how much I need to get done before I leave! I am so grateful for my friends and family who are helping me to stay organized and get stuff done because it can all seem pretty daunting when you put it all together. I've been studying Spanish, learning as much as I can about Honduras, and praying a lot, but I have had a mental block when it comes to fundraising. Where do you even start? When people would ask me how I planned to raise $10,000 I would have a mini panic attack and think "I have no idea!" Well it turns out God put some amazing people in my life to help. I've already received several generous donations (I'm up to just over $1000 now!), and my friends and family have come together to plan a really exciting benefit concert to kick off my fundraising efforts. The concert will take place outside on the lawn at my church, St. Michael's by the Sea in Carlsbad. We'll have several local musicians playing from 2-5pm on Saturday, May 11th. Admission is free so if you're in the area bring a lawn chair or blanket and come on out!


2 comments:

  1. How did your fundraiser go sweet Becky? Please know that I will continue to lift you up in prayer as you ready yourself for your service to the people of Honduras. I hope you keep your blog going so that I and others can read about your journey in God's service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fundraiser is actually this coming Saturday. I'm hoping it goes well! I will definitely continue blogging. Thank you so much for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete